A Letter to My EDM 310 Students

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Instructions for Signing Up for Podcast Topics

Instructions:
Form a team of 2, 3 or 4 students in your class (or in another of my classes IF all of you can attend one of the recording times) Review the Podcast Topics found in the immediately preceding post. Select the ones that interest you. You have been sent an email to your gMail account with a link to the "Podcast Sign Up Sheet". You can also go to your Google Documents and you will find the Podcast Sign Up Sheet there with your Documents. It is there now since I used a different technique for publishing the spreadsheet. Instead of making it available to the world, I invited you to be a collaborator through your gMail address, This automatically places the spreadsheet in you Google Documents. In two cases (both M6) I only had USA mail accounts so those two students will have to use the link in their email and may encounter other issues.

When you have the "Podcast Sign Up Sheet" in front of you, sign up for the topic you want. Only one person from the team should sign up. List all of the team participants on the sign up sheet. The person signing up for his/her team should send me an email listing your team members AND the topic. This will protect the sign up sheet from being improperly changed.

If a topic has been taken already you will have to select another topic EXCEPT topics 30, 31 and 32. Topic 30 can be repeated with different people. Add the name of the person to a NEW row in the Topic column. Topics 31 and 32 require my approval and may be repeated if topics or suggestions are different.

Your email time to me and sign up status will determine the topic which you will have.

If you have not selected a topic by Sunday midnight I will assign you to a team and a topic.

If you have questions, email me.

No comments: